Decision Maker: Executive, Council
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1. To approve the Strategic Outline Business Case for the Guildford Park Road Redevelopment, attached as Appendix 1 to the report submitted to the Executive, and to endorse the recommended delivery strategy outlined within.
2. To endorse the revised planning strategy for the project.
3. To approve commencement of the procurement of a development partner to support the delivery of the Guildford Park Road housing project.
4. To approve the spend of up to £700,000, already allocated for the scheme within the Housing Revenue Account approved capital programme, to deliver the procurement activity.
5. To delegate to the Strategic Director of Place, in consultation with the Lead Councillor for Housing and Community and Lead Councillor for Regeneration, authority to enter into such other contracts and legal agreements connected with the Guildford Park Road housing project as may be necessary in compliance with Procurement Procedure Rules and within the approved budget.
1. The Guildford Park Road redevelopment is a key scheme within the Housing Revenue Account Business Plan that will deliver a significant number of additional homes in the town centre. Officers currently have no authority to initiate the delivery phase of the scheme, and this authority is now sought from the Executive.
2. The recommendation will support the delivery of the Council’s Corporate Plan (2021-2025) priorities by providing and facilitating housing that people can afford.
Other options considered and rejected by the Executive:
1. Do Minimum – Sell the site with no conditions attached
3. Do Most – The Council builds out the scheme directly and takes on all development risks
Details of any conflict of interest declared by the Leader or lead councillors and any dispensation granted:
Report author: Rachel Harper
Publication date: 16/03/2023
Date of decision: 16/03/2023
Decided at meeting: 16/03/2023 - Executive
Effective from: 24/03/2023